The new Managing Director of Ghana Commercial Bank Limited (GCB), Mr Simon Dornoo has assumed duty.
Mr Dornoo takes over from Mr Lawrence Adu-Mante who retired from service on Wednesday, March 3, 2010.
With a wealth of experience in banking and finance in Ghana and an extensive international exposure gained in the United Kingdom and South Africa, the new Managing Director is well placed to lead Ghana’s largest Bank with a network of 157 branches and 15 agencies across the country.
He joins GCB from Barclays Bank where he worked in various Senior Management positions from January, 1999 to March, 2010.
He worked locally with Barclays Bank of Ghana as Finance Director and Country Treasurer as well as with Barclays PLC, U.K. being the first African to be appointed as Finance Director for Barclays Africa and the Indian Ocean with oversight responsibility for ten countries.
Simon, 48, began his professional career with KPMG in 1985 where he trained and later worked as an Audit Senior until 1990.
As one of the pioneers of CAL Bank in 1990, he was the first Financial Controller and he subsequently held other senior level positions in the bank until December, 1998.
Simon has served on various Boards mainly in the financial services sector.
He is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA Ghana) and has an MBA degree from Manchester Business School, United Kingdom.
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Black Stars coaches Arrears: Appiah and Akonnor paid combined $213,000
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
John Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC party was formed to give voice to the voiceless-Antwi Boasiako
JoyBusiness’ MoneyLab educates on steps to follow to avoid fraud
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags
Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
Kwasi Korang: NPP leadership should be bold and stop the Bawumia camp from campaigning
Bawumia is a gem – Ama Busia
‘Bawumia is more than qualified to lead the NPP in 2024’ – Ama Busia
Group makes schooling attractive for blind and deaf student in Cape Coast through sports