Audio By Carbonatix
The board of Tottenham Hotspur says its owner has "unequivocally rejected" two expressions of interest in the north London football club and that it is "not for sale".
The announcement late on Sunday came after the sudden departure of executive chairman Daniel Levy last week triggered speculation that a takeover bid could be imminent.
Mr Levy was the Premier League's longest-serving chairman and is estimated to have earned more than ÂŁ50m ($67.5m) during his almost quarter of a century in the role.
But he was also the target of regular protests by Spurs fans, especially last season.
The statement said ENIC Sports & Developments Holdings Ltd had rejected two separate preliminary expressions of interest in the club.
One was from former Newcastle United shareholder Amanda Staveley's PCP International Finance Limited and another from a consortium led by Dr Roger Kennedy and Wing-Fai Ng through Firehawk Holdings Limited, it said.
"The Board of the Club and ENIC confirm that Tottenham Hotspur is not for sale and ENIC has no intention to accept any such offer to acquire its interest in the Club," the statement said.
ENIC has an almost 87% stake in Tottenham Hotspur.
UK businessman Joe Lewis and his family own the majority of ENIC, while about 30% is held by Mr Levy and his family.
Latest Stories
-
Tesla prepares for Cybercab launch in August starting with rides to employees
2 minutes -
Google to buy Spirit Airlines business data for $10 million
11 minutes -
The goat is now a celebrity – how this graduation gift went viral
17 minutes -
Jason Arday’s family ‘still coming to terms’ with his death as vigil held
26 minutes -
Namibia, Ghana eye strategic bilateral cooperation in Volta Region
37 minutes -
Jasikan midwives deliver baby at roadside
46 minutes -
Police arrest 14 suspected narcotic plant farmers at Daliga
56 minutes -
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
3 hours -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
3 hours -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
3 hours -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
3 hours -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
3 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
3 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
3 hours -
Man City move for ÂŁ85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
4 hours