After much anticipation from fans, the Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi spin-off TV show will begin filming in April, Disney has announced.
Ewan McGregor will reprise his role as the Jedi master in the Disney+ show, which will be set 10 years after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – the third episode in the Skywalker Saga.
Obi-Wan Kenobi, who was played by Alec Guinness in the original Star Wars film, acted as a mentor to Anakin Skywalker in the prequel films before he witnessed his Padawan’s turn to the dark side at the end of Revenge of the Sith.
It was revealed late last year that Hayden Christensen, who played the ill-fated Anakin Skywalker as he became Darth Vader, will also appear in the show as the legendary Sith lord.
Joining McGregor, who will also executive produce the show, and Christensen, is Australian singer Bonnie Piess, writer and star of The Big Sick Kumail Nanjiani and Queen’s Gambit actress Moses Ingram.
Also joining is another Star Wars alumnus in Joel Edgerton, who played a young Owen Lars – Luke Skywalker’s uncle on Tatooine.
Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr, Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie make up the rest of the cast.
Deborah Chow, who also made two episodes of recent Disney+ success The Mandalorian, will direct the production.
The series has been hotly anticipated by fans for a while since being announced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy alongside McGregor at Disney’s D23 Expo in 2019.
However, there is still no word on whether Jar Jar Binks will be making a come back for the show, though.
Last week Disney revealed that its latest Marvel show The Falcon and The Winter Soldier was its most-watched season opener to date, as the entertainment giant moves its business model towards its streaming platform.
- We are not in heaven – IGP reacts to calls for his resignation
- Court throws out man’s appeal against burial of wife he’s accused of killing
- Akufo-Addo can’t even shower in presidential jet – Nitiwul defends President’s alleged extravagant foreign travels
- CCTV footage exposes Bantama and Buokrom Estate Junction Mobile Money robbers
- Coca-Cola lost $4 billion in market value after Ronaldo suggested people should drink water instead
- James Town bullion van attack looks like organised crime – Adam Bonaa
- Armed robbery at James Town: Driver of bullion van fairly stable – Surgeon at Korle- Bu
- Police places ¢20k bounty on James Town bullion van robbers
- Family of student-journalist found dead in a hotel room demands justice
- Kumawood actor, Agya Manu has passed on
Livestream: PM Express discusses the presidential jet controversy
Sergio Ramos set to leave Real Madrid after 16 years
Coca-Cola market value falls $4bn after Cristiano Ronaldo removes bottles for water
Papers for 2020 WASSCE were leaked – Africa Education Watch
Government lauded for reviving TOR
Kotoko deputy captain Emmanuel Gyamfi in danger of missing Hearts clash
Becoming a police officer is a calling – retired Police Officer
Akufo-Addo must up his game to address insecurity – Minority
‘Akufo-Addo can’t shower’ on Presidential Jet comment needless – Okudzeto Ablakwa
Clean Ghana: AMA officials storm timber market over breach of hygiene standards
I find telenovelas with Twi voice overs offensive – First Deputy Speaker
Dekeme residents plead with government to clear over 36-year-old mountain-like refuse dump
Handle Security issues carefully – Wa West MP to government
Photos: JoyNews Clean Ghana Campaign resumes
Blame recruitment of unqualified police personnel for Ghana’s insecurity – Lanchene Toobu