The leadership of artisans and spare parts dealers at Suame Magazine have rendered an unqualified apology to MP for the area, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu for pelting sachet water and other items at him.
The leaders in a press statement on Friday noted that the unfortunate incident on Monday was an “act of spontaneity by a group of people” and the “leaders had no hand in it.”
“As leaders we take full responsibility for what happened and wish to say the youth were wrong and should be condemned in no uncertain terms,” portions of the statement read.
According to the leaders, although residents are frustrated about the poor nature of the road, the manner in which they expressed their displeasure is “unrepresentative of the genuine people of Suame Magazine.”
The apology comes at the backdrop of a demand for an apology by the NPP Ashanti Regional Members of Parliament on Thursday.
Chairman of the Ashanti Regional Caucus in Parliament, Kwame Anyimadu Antwi who spoke on behalf of the other MPs condemned the actions of Suame residents.
“We highly condemn this act. I am not sure Mr. Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu has been given resources that he had to use within the region which has not been used,” he said.
Mr. Anyimadu Antwi also urged the residents to exercise restraint as they lobby the government to fix the roads.
Attack on Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
On Monday, some angry residents of Suame booed the MP, over the poor road network in the area.
The MP visited the Constituency to inspect the progress of work on various development projects.
His vehicle was also pelted with sachet water and other items such as coconut husk.
It however took the timely intervention of the Police to whisk him to safety.
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of abuse on private plane
- Use your political persuasions as platforms to act as change agents – Prof Sraku-Lartey to youth
- ECG prepaid vending system 99% restored in Volta Region
- Ukraine war: Russia warns US of direct military clash risk
- Help take partisanship out of galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo to National House of Chiefs
- Green Edition of ‘Rhythms on Da Runway 2022’ launched
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to get broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- Africa needs a plan to win World Cup – Asamoah Gyan
- Playback: Akufo-Addo meets House of Chiefs and MMDCEs over galamsey in Kumasi
- Driving Schools Association to publish list of approved institutions
- Sex for grades is corruption – Buhari
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Ghana wins ICAO Council Seat
- Debt restructuring conundrum and finding the right elucidation