A butcher who had the opportunity to be a Good Samaritan ended up being arrested for rape in Accra.
The man, Mohammed Saani, raised an alarm after he chanced upon a man raping a Junior High School student.
However, after the alarm which scared away the girl’s attacker, Saani pounced on the teenager and forcibly had another bout of sex with her.
Police have described the crime, committed in a school in Kpehe, as rather bizarre.
Chief Inspector Irene Oppong, Public Relations Officer of DOVVSU, said the victim, name withheld, was returning home with a male friend on an errand for her mother when the first assailant – now at large – attacked them and demanded mobile phones and money.
Unsuccessful in having his request met, the assailant dragged her into a nearby school block and forcibly had sex with her.
Saani, who saw the incident from a distance then shouted to scare away the first attacker, but instead of helping her to safety, was aroused by the girl’s nakedness and pounced on her to continue the crime.
The Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit is investigating the matter and Mohammed Saani is expected to be in court by tomorrow.
Play attached audio for Chief Inspector Irene Oppong’s voice
Story by Fiifi Koomson/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Aeronautic engineer was shot 12 times in the neck and chest; Family rejects account of 3 suspects
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license