Former President John Agyekum Kufuor, has expressed gratitude to members of the public for the well-wishes and prayers he received on Wednesday.
The former statesman on December 8, turned 83, and to celebrate him, social media users flooded Twitter with messages to show appreciation.
Among those who prayed for God’s blessings on his behalf were President Akufo-Addo, Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Majority Chief Whip in Parliament, Frank Annoh-Dompreh.
Speaking at the opening of the second edition of the Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum on Wednesday, President Akufo-Addo said “May God continue to bless John Agyekum Kufuor. His birthday is today.”
In a tweet on Thursday, the former President stated that the love and support shown yesterday gave him great pleasure; and for that, he is very appreciative.
Thank you for the Twitter messages and posts for my birthday! They are all very appreciated and absolutely made my day.— John Agyekum Kufuor (@JohnAKufuor) December 9, 2021
“Thank you for the Twitter messages and posts for my birthday! They are all very appreciated and absolutely made my day,” he stated.
According to some social media users, the interventions and initiatives put in place by John Agyekum Kufuor during his eight years in office, from January 7, 2001 to January 6, 2009, to develop the country remain unmatched.
Happy 83rd birthday to His Excellency @JohnAKufuor.— Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia (@MBawumia) December 8, 2021
Sir, may God continue to bless you with good health. pic.twitter.com/aLA2gkfAiQ
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’
- How prosperity fuels dowry demand in India
- US debt ceiling deal ready for Congress vote, Joe Biden says
- Erdogan hails election victory but Turkey left divided
- Covid was not a cover-up for corruption – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitary pads should be tax-free; not menstrual luxury – Rosetta Ntriwaah Boakye
- Venice Biennale: The woman behind the whirlwind festival