A viral TikTok video of what looks like a concrete fence decorated with hundreds of iPhone 6 smartphones has been doing the rounds online in Asia, sparking a heated debate about its authenticity.
Ok, so the iPhone 6 isn’t the newest Apple handheld, but I actually have a couple of friends who can’t afford to upgrade to a newer iPhone and are very happy with their sixth generation Apple smartphone, so to see this model used as decorative tiles for a fence was a bit of a shock.
And I apparently wasn’t the only one surprised by the TikTok video posted by Vietnamese user @minhhienapple last week, as his clip showing the fence of a rural home decorated with hundreds of iPhones has so far been viewed over 1.7 million times.
Apparently, the owner of the house displayed in the viral TikTok clip decided that iPhone 6 smartphones were better than regular stone or ceramic decorative tiles, so he used several hundreds of them to beautify their concrete fence.
Some of the top comments on the video claimed that these were just decorative stickers, and while that’s certainly a possibility, some sections of the video show at least a few real iPhones.
Unfortunately, the original poster of the video has provided no context, and no one knows where exactly this home and its flamboyant iPhone 6 fence are located.
The video description is in Vietnamese, and the scenery definitely has a Southeastern-Asia vibe about it, but I can’t say for sure.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Dumasi youth attack on Future Global Resources forces mine to close down temporarily
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day