The immediate past NDC Constituency Organiser for Bodi Constituency in the Western North Region, Shadrack Opoku, says after just a few weeks of defecting to the NPP, he has realized a big difference between the NPP and his former party, the NDC.
Shadrack Opoku recently quit his position as the Constituency Organiser and also left the NDC after 20 years of being a member.
Explaining why he defected to the NPP during a durbar of Chiefs and people of the area, the former NDC organizer said he has realized that there is a vast difference between the NPP and his former party in terms of development and pro-poor policies.
“I have defected to the NPP because the government of Nana Akufo-Addo has really proven that the NPP is pro-poor and has better policies to alleviate the suffering of the poor,” he said.
“I live in a farming community in which many are poor and to be honest, the government’s policies have helped the farmers, especially cocoa farmers, as well as the poor and everyone in the community.”
“In terms of youth employment, many young people in this constituency have been employed due to the ‘Youth in Afforestation’ policy.”
While commending the Akufo-Addo government for its development initiatives and good policies, he slammed his former party for taking his constituents for granted.
“You look at the development initiatives of the NPP and other policies and you just have to commend President Akufo-Addo.”
“As a constituency organizer of the NDC, you won’t believe that I could not even help my own children to secure jobs and if I couldn’t help my own children, how could I help the people in my constituency?.”
“The big difference between the NPP and the NDC is that just after one week of defecting to the NPP, I have been able to assist some youth from the constituency to get work as forest officers.”
The former NDC organizer urged his constituents and Ghanaians to rally behind President Akufo-Addo to ensure more development.
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretence – Chief Director
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
Enimil Ashon: #Fix our values; everything else will get fixed
Davido set to host his debut Twitter Space
Israel intensifies attacks in Gaza as conflict enters fifth day
OccupyGhana calls for independent body of inquiry to investigate Caleb Kudah’s assault allegations
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at GH¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretenses – Chief Director
Council of States donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan