Two elderly women died instantly when a tipper truck loaded with timber logs rammed into them while they stood by the road at Chiraa, near Sunyani.
The bodies of Madam Georgina Konadu, 70 and Madam Yaa Bour, 54, have been deposited at the regional hospital in Sunyani.
Narrating the incident to the Ghana News Agency at the Municipal Police Station, Emmanuel K. Dasah, 27, driver of the vehicle, said he was heading towards Techiman when the incident occurred.
He stated that his truck, with registration number AS 8227 R, suddenly developed a mechanical problem and that he lost control of the steering, resulting in the vehicle hitting the women.
He said following the accident, a mob surged on him and started assaulting him so he fled to avoid being lynched. He later reported to the Motor Traffic and Transport Unit in Sunyani.
The vehicle has been detained at the Chiraa Police station.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- 7 vehicles crash at Achimota dual carriage
- ‘BoG has lost focus’; it’s to be blamed for high lending rates – Togbe Afede
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond
Police prevents #FixTheCountry protestors from presenting petition on 2022 Budget to Parliament
Bank of Ghana signs historic MoU with Bank of Mauritius
279 Ghanaians, 107 foreigners arrested in a joint security operation in 5 regions of the North
NSMQ 2021: 6 things we learned as Presec fails back-to-back bid
Speaker committed to seeking the best interest of citizens
NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
‘FixTheCountry protestors tore the petition; we never received it” – Majority leader
NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College