Ever wanted to get inside the mind of the opposite sex? Ever wonder exactly what attracts men and women? A new survey by MarketTools Inc. for the dating website Match.com offers some answers.
The survey asked 5,500 unattached adults 21 and older what qualities they judge most in the opposite sex. The survey also asked singles to rate their "must haves" when it comes to relationships.
The survey said 48 percent of single women and 38 percent of single men research a date on Facebook, and 38 percent of singles said they would cancel a date because of something they found about the person on the Internet. Forty-two percent of singles would not date a virgin and 49 percent would get into a committed relationship with someone who still lived with their parents.
Check out the findings below:
Ten things on which men judge women most:
1. Teeth-58 percent.
2. Grammar-55 percent.
3. Hair-51 percent.
4. Clothes-45 percent.
5. Having/not having a tattoo-40 percent.
6. Nails/hands-37 percent.
7. Accent-19 percent.
8. Shoes-18 percent.
9. The car they drive-13 percent.
10. Electronic devices they carry-9 percent.
Ten things on which women judge men most:
1. Teeth-71 percent.
2. Grammar-69 percent.
3. Clothes-58 percent.
4. Hair-53 percent.
5. Nails/hands-52 percent.
6. Having/not having a tattoo-34 percent.
7. Shoes-29 percent.
8. The car they drive-24 percent.
9. Accent-22 percent.
10. Electronic devices they carry-10 percent.
Men's top "must haves" in a relationship:
The person is someone I can trust and confide in-63 percent. Treats me with respect-57 percent. Is physically attractive to me-40 percent. Has a sense of humor/makes me laugh-37 percent. Is comfortable with her own sexuality-36 percent.
Women's top "must haves" in a relationship:
Treats me with respect-84 percent. The person is someone I can trust and confide in-77 percent. Has a sense of humor/makes me laugh-58 percent. Shares the same values as I do-47 percent. Is comfortable communicating his wants, needs and desires-46 percent.
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
Kojo Adaah: Policy measures for sustainable job creation in Ghana
European Super League: All six Premier League teams withdraw from competition
Events Vendors Association executives call on Tourism Minister
There’s no cause for alarm – Linda Dor assures public following reports of theft
NDC cadre could’ve asked for 2020 election collated figures if interested – Ade Coker to Kunbour
Hacklab 2021 ends with 9 commercially viable AI solutions
22-year-old sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defilement
2 suspects arrested for burning 64-year-old woman in North East Region
Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd
CHAG, SafeCare Ghana certify 28 assessors for nationwide evaluation of CHAG facilities
GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra from Thursday
Cargo truck involved in accident at Kadjebi
Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
Brace yourselves for more floods until wetlands are reclaimed – NADMO to Kumasi residents