The announcement by Twitter to use Ghana as its African headquarters is an exciting one which translates to a vote of confidence in the Ghanaian Business environment, Minister for Communications and Digitilisation, Ursula Owusu Ekuful has said
Twitter announced its intention to enter the African market through Ghana last week.
The announcement to establish its Africa headquarters in Ghana has been received with excitement from the government and business community in the country.
This is due to the influence of the social media giant on the global economy.
Twitter chose Ghana over other countries due to its democratic credentials and friendly business environment.
The Minister for Communications and Digitalization described the move as a vote of confidence in Ghana’s digital investments over the years.
According to her, the move will open up investment opportunities for the country.
“We are excited about twitter coming here and we believe it will open a lot of opportunities for our young people. We say Ghana is the gateway to Africa, this is the gateway in real sense because we are hosting the continental free trade secretariat as well giving them [businesses] the platform to work here and export whatever products they have into the African market using the infrastructure we have put in place.”
“It is good news for all of us, it is a vote of confidence in the hard work that we have done digitally transforming our country” she explained.
The Minister called on job seekers with IT skills to explore job avenues advertised by the company in Ghana.
Government will therefore leverage the opportunity to improve the digital skills of the youth as it has the potential of driving other businesses to locate in the country.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Protect Ghanaian businesses to aid job-oriented economic growth – Dr Kofi Amoah
Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
Operation Halt must be sustained, extended to tributaries of major rivers – Defence Minister
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’