Audio By Carbonatix
The rivalry between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid resurfaces in the Champions League, this time with Atletico filled with confidence and Barca struggling.
The teams have been jostling for top spot in La Liga for the entire season, where Barcelona had been dominant until their title hopes were dented by two consecutive setbacks, the latest of which being Saturday's El Clasico defeat against 10-man Real Madrid.
Atletico, meanwhile, routed Real Betis to finally get within range of the league title, and they enter Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final first-leg at the Camp Nou knowing Barcelona have lost some of their confidence and can be beaten.
Atletico eliminated the current holders and five-time European champions at the same stage of the competition in 2013/14 - the only time the teams have met in Europe's elite-club tournament.

A hard-fought 1-1 draw in Cataluna two years ago was followed up with a similarly staunch 1-0 victory at the Vicente Calderon as Atleti made it all the way to the final, where they lost to Real in Lisbon.
And Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone is hoping for a repeat performance. "Every game against Barcelona is different," he said.
"We have to prepare as well as possible to be able to reach our goal against them."
With Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar thriving, Barcelona appeared to be cruising toward their goal of repeating last season's La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey treble.
Two weeks ago, however, Barca threw away a two-goal lead against Villarreal as they left El Madrigal with a point. Then came Saturday's 2-1 reverse at home to Madrid.

"This game (against Real Madrid) is already in the past," Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said. "We hadn't lost in many games, but the loss can also teach you things.
"We need to keep doing what we were doing well and see in which areas we need to improve."
Team news
Barcelona will be without Aleix Vidal after the defender suffered a muscle injury to his right abductor during his side's final training session before the game.
The 26-year-old joins Jeremy Mathieu, Adriano and Sandro Ramirez on the sidelines.

Diego Godin, Stefan Savic and Yannick Carrasco are all expected to be in the visitor's squad after all three returned to training.
There are still doubts regarding the fitness of Jesus Gamez, who suffered a knock in training, while Luciano Vietto could also miss the trip to the Nou Camp after suffering a bout of gastroenteritis.
Jose Gimenez is likely to miss out with a hamstring problem, while midfielders Tiago and Oliver Torres are also sidelined.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Latest Stories
-
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
3 minutes -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
8 minutes -
Gender Ministry backs Black Maidens ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
12 minutes -
Many are called, but hostel fees have chosen few
19 minutes -
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
26 minutes -
RaĂşl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and CubaÂ
43 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
46 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
48 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
53 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
59 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
60 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
1 hour -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
1 hour -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
1 hour -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour