Vodafone Ghana’s Enterprise unit is headlining this year’s Sam Jonah Golf Cup which begins this weekend at the Tema Country Club.
The two-day golf tourney is expected to pitch together the alumni of two of the nation’s oldest schools – Mfantsipim and Adisadel College – in a very keenly competitive event.
The additional highlight of this year’s contest will be the determination of Adisadel College to overcome an embarrassing loss suffered at the hands of Mfantsipim in last year’s competition.
Vodafone’s association with this tournament is part of a commitment to support the promotion of golf and to also use the platform togenerate visibility and garner value for its brand.
Commenting on the sponsorship, Angela Mensah-Poku, Director of Vodafone Business Solutions said:
“This is certainly in line with our capabilities as an innovative brand. A very progressive company like ours constantly seeks avenues to generate an enhanced brand experience for our customers whilst building lasting relationships as we interact in an informal setting.”
The competition is in its fourth year, having started in 2014 in a fiercely fought battle that was eventually won by Mfantsipim. Notable among the golfers to grace the course this weekend will be Prince Kofi Amoabeng, Sam Jonah, Albert Brock, Eric Addo-Mensah and Oko Allotey representing Adisadel College and Smyly Bannerman, Ernie Asimenu, Michael Parker, Isaac Simpson and Olu Sawyer for Mfantsipim.
The doubles will kickstart the event on Saturday July 1, 2017 whilst the doubles will take center stage on Sunday.
There will be some attractive prizes at stake including the grand trophy donated by Sir Sam Jonah.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- ‘I predicted my goal against Czech Republic in 2006’ – Asamoah Gyan
- Let’s build capacities of SMEs to harness full potential of e-commerce – GIZ
- DVLA to increase charges effective October 3
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall