Audio By Carbonatix
The Communications Director of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Henry Asante Twum, says the Black Queens are yet to receive their financial prize for their performance at the 2024 Women's Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).
The Black Queens sealed a third place finish at the continental showpiece last month, beating South Africa through penalties in the playoff game on July 25 in Casablanca.
Aside the bronze medal, the women's national team also gets a $350,000 cash prize following the Confederation of African Football's decision to increase the prize money for the competition.
However, a week after the end of the competition, Asante Twum says the team is yet to receive their reward.
"The money has not been paid yet. I don't know the plan of the Executive Council, but you know that in competitions of this nature, whenever there is inflows, the government comes in," he told 3Sports.
"But there ought to be an engagement. So we will engage the ministry if they call for budget expenditure or whatever, we will show it to the ministry.
"We played in Cote d'Ivoire. The FA took care of everything. The two friendly matches. We travelled to Senegal, two friendly matches; the FA took care of everything. We spent 10 days in Morocco before the tournament, same."
The Black Queens were only making a return to the competition for the first time since their last appearance in 2018.
Latest Stories
-
CLOGSAG’s Bampoe Addo was a formidable voice for workers – FWSC eulogises
4 minutes -
Galamsey destroys over 100 acres of farmland at Akyem Atobriso
8 minutes -
GRIDCo completes tower replacement on Tema-Achimota transmission line
27 minutes -
Republic Bank-JoyNews Habitat Fair Mini Clinic ends on a high note at Achimota Retail Centre
31 minutes -
7-month-old baby found dead in a drain at Obuasi Old Estate
2 hours -
Tunisia coast guard recovers eight bodies of migrants whose boat sank
2 hours -
One man diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK ‘every eight minutes’
2 hours -
We couldn’t afford prepaid credit after I lost 2012 election – Obuobia Darko
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
3 hours -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
3 hours -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
4 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
4 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
6 hours