Running mate of flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Professor Naana Opoku-Agyemang has acknowledged the need to boost the education sector by improving upon the working conditions for its members.
In a press release to mark ‘World Teachers Day’, the former Education Minister and current Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast lauded teachers across the country for their dedication especially in the face of Covid-19.
“The Covid-19 pandemic underscores the urgent need to continuously invest in the training and retention of teachers to meet the peculiar challenges of our time.
“While this means creating conducive working conditions for our teachers, it also means improving capacity and skills for 21st-century education across the nation, including remote teaching and IT literacy. This is the work of the next 4 years. As an educationist, I pledge to be an ally on this journey” it reads.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga