The Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, disclosed that public tertiary institutions in the country will be weaned-off government’s payroll, but this decision has been rejected by stakeholders in the sector.
The Minority in Parliament has served notice that it will picket at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) to protest fees charged travellers for Covid-19 testing.
They describe the fees as illegal, unconscionable, and extortionist.
Parliament will soon make a determination on whether the embattled Member of Parliament for Assin North Constituency, James Gyakye Quayson, should continue holding himself out as such.
This comes after the Kwadaso MP, Kingsley Nyarko, requested the House to decide the fate of the MP who was present in the chamber during proceedings.
The build-up to Ghana vs Nigeria World Cup Qualifier match topped news stories this week.
Hannah Odame has the wrap.
- ‘It depends on if I find the right person’ – NSMQ quiz mistress on possibility of another marriage
- Global Citizen Festival brings Accra to standstill as social media goes gaga
- Mankessim: Chief in murder case is alive and behind bars – Police
- Ghana is going to have a female president one day – Akufo-Addo
- A Ghanaian view of the Queen’s funeral: ‘They march, we dance’
- Benjamin Amponsah Mensah: Why Ghana must expand the use of natural gas
- Netflix warns viewers about ‘Dahmer’ being ‘too disturbing’
- IMF team arrives September 26 to continue discussions with government over programme
- Melcom rebrands to provide variety of goods and services to customers
- Livestream: 4 contestants yearn to win ultimate cash prize, trip to Dubai on Step Up Game Show
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- My best friend dumped me when I took back my cheating ex
- Governments, fossil fuel companies must be held accountable for climate loss and damages – ICCCAD
- Playback: Big Chef kitchen is hot; 2 contestants exit tonight
- Ghanaian wins St. Antony’s first ever DAC scholarship
- When the ‘one’ becomes the ‘one who got away’
- Ghana’s public debt was 80% to GDP during Covid-19 pandemic; we’ll help restore macroeconomic stability – IMF
- 12 signs you’re his ‘one that got away’
- Almost 50% of women regret this part of their relationship
- Playback: The Law discusses RTI regime and its challenges
- American Airlines passenger arrested after punching flight attendant
- Italy votes as far-right Meloni looks for victory
- Hwentea support eye, liver health – Study