A 45-year-old woman identified as Maame Adwoa slipped and fell into a community reservoir when she attempted to fetch water leading to her death at Anomabo on Thursday.
Eric Arthur, Central Regional Director of Communications of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), confirmed the tragedy to the media.
He said his outfit together with the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) received distress call at about 7: 00 am hours on Thursday morning and rushed to the scene only to find the woman dead in the reservoir which was filled to capacity.
It took the rescue team close to seven hours to retrieve the body and deposited it at the Saltpond Government Hospital, pending an autopsy.
Kenneth Kelly Essuman, the Mfantseman Municipal Chief Executive and John Amarlai Amartey, Regional Commander of the GNFS, were at the scene and sympathised with the bereaved family.
The deceased left five children behind.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Mr Eazi to go bullish on tech investment as he visits Estonia
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Ketu North: Re-run parliamentary primary to avert apathy – Group to NDC
- 3-year IMF deal not enough – Finance Expert
- ECG intensifies revenue mobilisation exercise in Volta and Oti Regions
- Nigeria MPs want $25bn spent to fix refineries probed
- ‘I will do everything for Treble’ – Erling Haaland
- Referee Anthony Taylor attacked by Roma fans [VIDEO]
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Today’s front pages: Friday, June 2, 2023
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- How gun violence is reshaping American lives
- Police arrest three persons, pursuing others in connection with attacks on Mempeasem and Lukula communities in Savannah region
- Hohoe Astroturf stadium 85% complete – Site Manager