Burkinabe forward Songne Yacouba scored a brace as Asante Kotoko handed Hearts of Oak a 2-0 defeat in the first leg of the offseason clash dubbed "Super Two", at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
With the two matches set to be played at the Baba Yara Stadium, Hearts were the home team on Sunday and were dispatched.
In the 39th minute, the Porcupine Warriors opened the scoring after goalkeeper Ernest Sowah failed to parry away a shot from Prince Acquah.
Yacouba was there in time to pounce in on the rebound to make it 1-0.
Kotoko went into the break with the lead despite the Phobians having a chunk of possession.
After the break, Hearts of Oak were seeking to bounce back but were pegged back by the sending off of Robert Sowah.
The centre-back collected his second yellow card in the 58th minute.
Two minutes later, Yacouba doubled Kotoko's lead with a beautiful goal after connecting a pass from the experienced Jordan Opoku.
The second leg will be played next Sunday, 2 September 2018 at the same venue.
- I’ll walk naked to Parliament to protest the anti-LGBTQ bill if it’s approved – Mother of transgender singer affirms
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill won’t meet constitutional test going forward – Dr Poku Adusei
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
- Homeland Study Group Leader, Papavi reported dead
- Embassies’ denial of visas over Anti-LGBTQ bill amounts to imperialism – Economist
- Samson’s Take: Stop hurting with your bad attitude at work
- Anti LGBTQI+ Bill: Does the NDC have one face at home and another face abroad? – Prof. Emerita Manuh asks
- Killer lamps removed from 1,418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
- Nothing will change about fuel prices – CEO of Bulk Oil Distributors
- Don’t misconstrue groups against Anti-LGBTQ Bill as supporters of same-sex related activities – Dr Poku Adusei
Sudan: Protesters demand military coup as crisis deepens
French President Macron condemns ‘unforgivable’ 1961 massacre of Algerians in Paris
US Christian missionaries kidnapped in Port-au-Prince – Reports
Over 800,000 Ghanaians fully immunized against Covid-19 – GHS
Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward ‘the best player’ in the world, says Jurgen Klopp
Paul Pogba: Man Utd need to ‘change something’ after loss to Leicester
ECOWAS deploys 55 observers to Presidential election in Cabo Verde
Ghana’s Sustainable Financing framework published on Finance Ministry’s website
Livestream: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Human Rights advocate urges Ghanaians to be circumspect with discussions on LGBTQI+ bill
Proscribed lamps removed from 1418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
TECNO Brings Ultra-steady and Ultra-clear Gimbal Camera Phone CAMON 18 Premier
“You’ve all been cowed” – Mahama criticises media for not probing corruption allegations against government
Two-month tax waiver on fuel products “unconstitutional and populist” move – Dafeamekpor
Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor