Yendi is in frenzy following the acquitting and discharge of 14 Abudus charged for the murder of the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani.
An Accra Fast Track High Court on Tuesday acquitted the 14 for lack of evidence, sending Abudu youth in Yendi onto the streets in absolute jubilation.
Hamza, a journalist in Yendi captured the scenes of the youth describing it as one of excitement.
Some of the youth who spoke to him could not hide their intense joy after the court’s decision.
One of them said the courts have proven that the Abudus did not wickedly kill the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani as has been speculated.
Clad in white robes, the youth rode motor bikes, honking in jubilation.
Spokesperson of the Abudu gate, Dr. Ziblim Idi told Joy News the ruling is “a joyous day break to end the years of captivity of the suspects.”
He said the “courts have spoken” and have dispensed justice not only to the suspects but the family of the Andanis who were seeking justice.
He dismissed assertions that the suspects may have been acquitted because the eight year lull after the gory incident buried incriminating evidence.
Ziblim Idi stated such assertion could only mean the state wasted everybody’s time even though they had no evidence against the suspects.
He said the ruling should be the rallying call for peace among all Dagombas irrespective of which gate one belongs.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
Why Tina Turner belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Enimil Ashon: Wikipedia’s insult of the black race
Shani Cooper-Zubida: Earth Day 2021 – An unprecedented opportunity to restore our Earth
Kwasi Appiah unilaterally stripped Gyan off Black Stars captaincy; it led to worse AFCON performance – Tanko
Police commence investigations into alleged suicide of Queen of Peace JHS headmaster
Sompahemaa Foundation donates items worth ₵50k to artisans in Suame
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality
Margins Group CEO shares top 10 principles