A 21-year-old YouTuber has plans of returning to the platform after he says he was shot while carrying out a prank at a mall in Virginia.
The YouTuber in question, per a report from WUSA9, is Tanner Cook. The 21-year-old, who releases videos via the Classified Goons channel, was hospitalized after the incident and later spoke with the outlet about what he says went down during the prank gone wrong
“I was just playing a prank, a simple practical joke, and this guy didn’t take it very well and shot me,” Cook said during an interview conducted while he was still in the hospital.
Alan W. Colie, 31, is alleged to have shot Cook during the prank and has since been hit with felony charges in connection with the shooting.
In an initial statement, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirmed it was “investigating a shooting that occurred at the Dulles Town Center Mall” on Sunday.
“One person shot and transported to a local area hospital and a suspect is in custody,” the department said at the time, adding in a follow-up news release that the victim (not named by the department) had been shot in the abdomen.
Additionally, police said, “it does not appear” that Colie and Cook knew each other prior to their encounter in the food court area of the mall this weekend.
Colie’s charges include aggravated malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and discharging a firearm within a building.
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo