Audio By Carbonatix
Zamalek's hardcore supporters, Ultras White Knights, have reiterate their intention to attend Tuesday's match against Talae El-Gaish – despite an ongoing crowd ban.
On Friday, the White Knights threatened to ruin the competition if their demand to return to the stands was not met.
The Egyptian Premier League kicked off last month after a period of uncertainty. The last two seasons were cancelled due to security concerns in the turmoil-stricken country.
The first half of the season will be held behind closed doors. Zamalek have already played two matches without their enthusiastic supporters, defeating Masry 2-0 before losing 1-0 to Ismaily.
"When will we return to the stands? We have had enough and we can no longer remain silent," the fans group said via Facebook on Friday.
"Shame on you. Down with your regime and government. Nothing will prevent us from returning to the stands, it's our right," they added.
On Monday, Zamalek issued an official statement asking fans not to attend matches to avoid the team being punished by the football association.
The group responded by insisting they would try to attend Tuesday's match regardless of the consequences.
"We will gather in front of the Air Defence Stadium at 3pm to attend the match," the White Knights said in a statement early on Tuesday.
"Football is a game related to fans and there is no place for capitalists or beneficiaries.
"Supporters must continue their pursuit of their right, while the tournament goes to Hell. Only God can stop us," Tuesday's statement concluded.
Egyptian authorities were lenient when enforcing a crowd ban last season, allowing the fans of Cairo giants Ahly and Zamalek to enter stadiums on several occasions. The supporters were also spared any punishment from the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
However, according to the EFA regulations, a team is awarded a walkover win if their opponents' fans defy a crowd ban. The supporters will be given 15 minutes to vacate the stadium, otherwise the match will be called off.
Latest Stories
-
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
29 minutes -
25/26 GPL: Vision end campaign with win over Aduana
35 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Young Apostles survive relegation with win over Samartex
47 minutes -
Gunmen allegedly kidnap teenager at Kabulya near Bimbilla, demand ransom
59 minutes -
Fernandes breaks assist record as Brighton land Euro spot despite loss
1 hour -
Sunderland reach Europa League at Chelsea’s expense
1 hour -
Spurs beat Everton to secure Premier League survival
1 hour -
Xenophobia: Ghana to receive first batch of evacuees from South Africa on May 27
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Swedru All Blacks stun Kotoko in dramatic final-day comeback
2 hours -
Slump continues as cedi becomes worst-performing currency in sub-Saharan Africa in 2026
2 hours -
Petroleum Commission hails 7 Eleven Energy Services’ indigenous bolt and nut plant as sign of local content growth
2 hours -
Keta MP offers relief to Afiadenyigba SHS after fire outbreak
3 hours -
UMaT graduates 95 students, commits to training 1,000 coders
3 hours -
Modified Taxation Scheme: Ghana’s surest way to inclusive tax administration
3 hours -
Asunafo North Cocoa Farmers Union and partners rescue rural schools from infrastructure crisis
3 hours