Audio By Carbonatix
The Zambia FA is asking FIFA to sanction Ghana and Derek Boateng, claiming the Fulham midfielder has made provocative and inciting statements against the Chipolopolos ahead of next month’s decisive World Cup qualifying match.
The desperate Zambians are asking the world governing body to move the all-important final qualifier from Kumasi, claiming the alleged inciting statement could cause them to be harmed in the match on September 6.
The Zambians insist FIFA should sanction Ghana midfielder Boateng for his alleged provocative tone ahead of next Friday’s crucial 2014 Brazil World Cup qualifier.
This comes after Boateng called for a “revenge on the pitch” against the Zambians when the two sides clashed in their first meeting in the qualifiers in June last year.
But his words have not been digested well with FAZ seeking FIFA's intervention or sanctions on the player for what they described as ‘hate speech’ which could incite Ghanaian fans against them.
FAZ Communications Manager Erick Mwanza confirmed they have reported the matter to FIFA claiming the Black Stars player was peddling hate speech that border on anger and hatred towards the Chipolopolos.
“For such we are writing to FIFA to bring to their attention this hate speech which can easily cause riotous situation which can easily get fans to be very hostile to extents of even causing harm,” Mwanza said.
“Because what Boateng said here is that they want to revenge against Zambia, what do they want to avenge?” Mwanza questioned.
“We beat them [Ghana] hands down 1-0, the way we beat them at the Nations Cup [2012 Africa Cup finals]. There are no two ways or questions about it.
“So we are writing to FIFA to bring to their attention this matter and if the Ghanaians continue with this kind of hate speech, I think our correspondences will not only cite Boateng or anybody else for sanctions but even to the extent of asking that the match be moved from Kumasi to another neutral venue.”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Man, 20, drowns while helping travellers cross Ghana-Togo border river
3 minutes -
Top 10 online bill payment platforms in Nigeria
8 minutes -
Fire destroys more than 27 wooden structures at Spintex Coastal junction
11 minutes -
GoldBod: Day of reckoning will come – Afenyo-Markin
13 minutes -
In Photos: Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
24 minutes -
CSA fines EY Ghana GH¢360,000 for providing cybersecurity services without a licence
32 minutes -
Bonsu Baah scores and assists in Al Qadsiah big win in Saudi King’s Cup
32 minutes -
The Galamsey war and GWL’s fictitious and inaccurate rebuttal
45 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin demands answers over alleged GH¢22bn GoldBod loss
46 minutes -
GoldBod ‘Losses’: We’re not ignorant, we know our job – Afenyo-Markin
49 minutes -
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
60 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
1 hour -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
1 hour -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
1 hour -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
1 hour