Hiplife artiste, Kwaw Kese, has been arrested by the police in Kumasi, for allegedly smoking cannabis in public.
He was arrested Saturday at a wine shop close to Plus Two pub at Nhyiaseo, a suburb of Kumasi.
The Police have ruled out bail and are processing him for Court.
ASP Charles Appiah, Head of Drug Law Enforcement Unit told Luv FM's Erastus Asare Donkor, the musician was arrested around 11pm Saturday and has been in police custody since.
Kwaw Kese, popularly called Abodam, "was sitting in an open place in front of the wine shop with other friends and he was smoking cannabis," ASP Appiah said.
He explained that a police patrol team saw him smoking the cannabis and consequently arrested him.
"We all know cannabis and he will not deny, he hasn't denied," the policeman said.
According to him, Kwaw Kese will be put before court on Monday on a provisional charge of use of narcotic drug without lawful authority.
Play the attached audio file and listen the interview with the police officer.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Tourism Ministry bags $40m World Bank loan
- 3 hospitalised after Kumasi gas explosion
- Bimbilla: Security moves to block celebration of Damba festival
- 5 Cape Coast SHSs trained by US chapter of Adisadel Old Boys
- Haunted mirror 'possessed by the ghost of the Titanic captain' up for auction
- Woman who called herself a vampire gets jail time for attacking man she thought was a werewolf
- This hotel room is smaller than a parking space
- 'Police yet to receive directive to interdict 21 officers'
- Solar-Powered Irrigation: A Boost for Farming Productivity
- Today's front pages
- Publish report on Manso-Nkwanta killings – MP demands
- Nutifafa Kuenyehia's address at 2018 School of Humanities congregation
- Manso Nkwata killing: MP calls for prosecution of “murderers” in uniform
- Number of Ghanaians studying in U.S. increases - Study
- Ghanaian named in BBC list of 100 most influential women