Hiplife artiste, Kwaw Kese, has been arrested by the police in Kumasi, for allegedly smoking cannabis in public.
He was arrested Saturday at a wine shop close to Plus Two pub at Nhyiaseo, a suburb of Kumasi.
The Police have ruled out bail and are processing him for Court.
ASP Charles Appiah, Head of Drug Law Enforcement Unit told Luv FM's Erastus Asare Donkor, the musician was arrested around 11pm Saturday and has been in police custody since.
Kwaw Kese, popularly called Abodam, "was sitting in an open place in front of the wine shop with other friends and he was smoking cannabis," ASP Appiah said.
He explained that a police patrol team saw him smoking the cannabis and consequently arrested him.
"We all know cannabis and he will not deny, he hasn't denied," the policeman said.
According to him, Kwaw Kese will be put before court on Monday on a provisional charge of use of narcotic drug without lawful authority.
Play the attached audio file and listen the interview with the police officer.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist