Hiplife artiste, Kwaw Kese, has been arrested by the police in Kumasi, for allegedly smoking cannabis in public.
He was arrested Saturday at a wine shop close to Plus Two pub at Nhyiaseo, a suburb of Kumasi.
The Police have ruled out bail and are processing him for Court.
ASP Charles Appiah, Head of Drug Law Enforcement Unit told Luv FM's Erastus Asare Donkor, the musician was arrested around 11pm Saturday and has been in police custody since.
Kwaw Kese, popularly called Abodam, "was sitting in an open place in front of the wine shop with other friends and he was smoking cannabis," ASP Appiah said.
He explained that a police patrol team saw him smoking the cannabis and consequently arrested him.
"We all know cannabis and he will not deny, he hasn't denied," the policeman said.
According to him, Kwaw Kese will be put before court on Monday on a provisional charge of use of narcotic drug without lawful authority.
Play the attached audio file and listen the interview with the police officer.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint
- City guard brutally assaults young man in viral video
- Sex worker shocks Twitter with airplane toilet licking selfie video
- Updated: 55 killed in gory Kintampo-Techiman road crash
- Climate Week: Farmer-based CSOs march to promote agroecology
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Over 1,000 students take part in WAEC workshop on exam malpractices