One person, a teacher has been confirmed dead in an accident at Odumase Krobo, Saturday morning.
The teacher Kwame Kyei, 40, was on a bus with some 56 students of Mangoase Senior High when the accident occurred.
The students were said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The students and their teacher were heading to Manya Krobo Senior High when the accident occurred.
The school bus with registration no GV 1953-14 is said to have somersaulted and landed in a deep valley after the driver had failed a brake when he was navigating a curve on a hill.
“All the students including the suspect driver and the teacher sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to the Atua government and the St. Martin de Porres hospitals for medical attention except the teacher was pronounced dead on arrival at the Atua government hospital,” a statement by the police said.
The body of the deceased teacher has since been deposited in the morgue for preservation and autopsy.
The police have been to the scene to tow the accident vehicle to the station.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La