Asante Kotoko head coach Paa Kwesi Fabin has quit after seven months in charge of the club.
His decision immediate effect and will not be on the bench for Sunday's return leg against AshantiGold at the Len Clay Stadium in Obuasi.
His resignation letter read: ''I write without any malice to inform you that I am tendering my resignation as Head Coach of your club Asante Kotoko Club. Effective 13th September 2018 this decision have become necessary because of my personal conviction that it is time to bow out due to circumstances beyond my control. Moreover, I deem is the right time to exit as the league here has been suspended and above all to enable any replacement to be able to familiarize with the team and continue with the success chalked so far.
''I want to thank the Executive Chairman for giving me the opportunity to work with him, the management team, the playing body and the supporters for their encouragement during the rough times.
''To those that we had disagreements and misunderstanding, I say it is part of the job.
''Once again, thank you for the opportunity.''
Meanwhile, Asante Kotoko is yet to confirm his departure from the club.
Fabin was appointed in February this year to replace Englishman Steve Polack who was relieved of his duties after the team's elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup last season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United