Audio By Carbonatix
The Director of Ekumfi Fruits and Juice factory says the company will start production by December.
Fredrick Kobbyna Acquah disclosed that the $8 million project which is part of government’s One District One Factory (1D1F) initiative is almost complete and testing will be done in the coming weeks.
"So far the extraction processing lines have been tested and all machines installed," he said.
He indicated that the project officially commenced in March last year has 400 workers including out-growers.
Ekumfi Fruits and Juice Limited was the first sod-cutting ground for the launch of the 1D1F initiative by President Nana Akufo-Addo.
Mr Kobbyna Acquah indicated that for the factory to run continuously, they need to procure extra machines.
"We also have other challenges. The major one being the redundancy period which is the 14 months maturity period for the pineapples to be ready. This causes production to halt," he noted.
On his part, the CEO of Eximbank Ghana, Lawrence Agyinasam, and his team lauded Mr Kobbyna Acquah for judiciously working around the clock to get the project to its current state.
He indicated that the project officially commenced in March last year has 400 workers including out-growers.
Ekumfi Fruits and Juice Limited was the first sod-cutting ground for the launch of the 1D1F initiative by President Nana Akufo-Addo.
Mr Kobbyna Acquah indicated that for the factory to run continuously, they need to procure extra machines.
"We also have other challenges. The major one being the redundancy period which is the 14 months maturity period for the pineapples to be ready. This causes production to halt," he noted.
On his part, the CEO of Eximbank Ghana, Lawrence Agyinasam, and his team lauded Mr Kobbyna Acquah for judiciously working around the clock to get the project to its current state.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
16 minutes -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
2 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
2 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
3 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
3 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
4 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
4 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
5 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
5 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
5 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
7 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
8 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
8 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
8 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
9 hours