The betPawa Premier League returned over the weekend after a two-week break due to the court case involving the Ghana Football Association and AshantiGold.
Upon the league’s return, Accra Hearts of Oak picked up their first win after coming from a goal down to beat Bibiani GoldStars at the Accra Sports Stadium. Isaac Mensah and Gladson Awako were on the scoresheet for the Phobians as Slavko Matic started his new role on a good note.
At the El Wak Sports Stadium, Legon Cities were held to a 1-1 draw by Berekum Chelsea, who continue their unbeaten start to this campaign.
Aduana Stars earned a 1-0 win over 10-man Medeama SC at the Akoon Park, with Godfred Poku scoring the game’s only goal.
Accra Lions were 0-1 winners over Dreams FC in Dawu while Nsoatreman recorded a resounding 3-0 triumph over Karela United.
Bechem United also edged out Kotoku Royals in a close encounter at the Nana Fosu Gyeabour Park.
On Monday, October 31, Samartex will host Accra Great Olympics with Tamale City and Real Tamale United facing off in a derby game.
King Faisal will play host to Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara Stadium as well.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue