Patrick Osei Agyemang, known in the media space as Countryman Songo, emotionally went on his knees at Nhyira FM to appeal to Asante Kotoko supporters to attend the club’s matches in the Ghana Premier League.
Songo, who is a co-opted management member of Kotoko in charge of events and promotions, rushed to the studios of Nhyira FM in Kumasi on Saturday when the sports team was championing a campaign to improve attendance at the various stadia in the local league.
According to him, the supporters should put aside whatever misgivings they have with the management and the playing body and throng the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on matchdays.
He believes this will aid the club financially to be able to run the team professionally.
“Kotoko supporters, always come and support the team, management will always listen to you in the year 2023.
‘’We plead with them, beginning with the game against Olympics to do come in their numbers to the stadium and cheer the team to victory,” he said.
Luv FM and Nhyira FM have launched a radio campaign to highlight factors affecting low attendance at premier league matches and championing recommendations to improve patronage of the local league.
The hashtag for the campaign is #FillGPLCenters.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents