Ahead of Ghana’s second group game at the 2022 FIFA World Cup against South Korea on Monday, November 28, some players risk missing the clash with Uruguay with yellow cards.
Captain Andre Ayew, Mohammed Kudus, Inaki Williams and Alidu Seidu are the four players who could be out of the final group game against Uruguay should they pick up cards in the encounter with South Korea.
The four players were booked during the Black Stars’ opening fixture with Portugal at the Stadium 974 on Thursday, November 24.
Kudus was on the receiving end of a yellow card in the minute of the first half for a foul on Joao Cancelo while Seidu’s booking came after a late challenge on Joao Felix.
Ayew’s caution was four minutes after recess with Inaki going into the referee’s books due to an argument after clashing with Danilo Pereira late in the game.
The four players will now need to avoid being carded when Otto Addo’s side comes up against South Korea in a game which is a must-win for the Black Stars if they are to stand any chance of progressing to the knockout stages of the World Cup.
The Black Stars are the only team without a point in Group H, having lost to Portugal in the first round of fixtures while South Korea and Uruguay played out a goalless draw.
Ghana’s game with South Korea is set for a 13:00 GMT kickoff with live telecast on Joy Prime TV.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Disregard allegations that Haruna Iddrisu sold out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair