Black Stars coach, Otto Addo, believes Thursday’s friendly match against Switzerland is the last opportunity to try new things ahead of the start of the 2022 World Cup.
The clash with the European nation will come seven days before Ghana takes on Portugal in their Group H opener at the Mundial.
Otto Addo admits he still has a lot of work to do to ensure his side is ready for the global showpiece. He disclosed Switzerland presents the perfect chance to test his team.
“We have the possibility of playing against a very good team. It’s a good challenge before the World Cup and the last test,” Addo said.
“It’s very good to try some things and to see also in which positions some can play and also from the tactical point of view. We can also have some more insights on tactical things.
“We still have a lot of work to do and we surely have analysed Switzerland. So, we have to adapt to their style. Depending on their system, and their different positions, we have to take in different gaps.
“Defensively, it’s a bit of a different approach, so this demand sometimes different players but we are prepared and it’s as actually a very good preparation for Portugal.”
The game against Switzerland will kick off on Thursday at 10:00 GMT at the Baniyas Club Stadium.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Funke Akindele loses mom
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- Enchi: 14 persons arrested over disturbance at NPP constituency elections
- I had a child out of wedlock after 20 years of marriage; my wife never left – Couple shares love journey
- All the newly appointed ministers are competent – Asiedu Kokuro
- NEDCo staff want Managing Director out
- Daniel Kwabena Owusu: Driving inclusive economic growth through the Africa digital economy
- UK property register: What 3 luxury homes reveal about who owns UK real estate
- Persons who collapse during sex have underlying medical conditions – Dr. Osarfo
- AngloGold Ashanti holds 2nd edition of “Start Right, End Well” mentorship programme
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Improvised explosive device was nearly used to blow a bridge in Bawku – Defence Minister
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Police Report inconsistent – Jomoro MP
- Bounou, Courtois and Martinez make final three for FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year
- Impossible to prepare for disasters this big, Turkey’s president says