Audio By Carbonatix
Dr. Benjamin Kumbuor, Minister of Health, on Wednesday said that Insecticide treated nets would be distributed free of charge in line with the Global Malaria Action Plan of attaining universal coverage.
He said that 2,700,000 million nets ordered were expected into the country by November this year for distribution.
Dr. Kumbuor was answering questions in Parliament on the supply of free treated mosquito nets to all children under five years in Ghana.
He said that since 2003, the ministry has distributed insecticide treated nets to children under five years and pregnant women in the country at subsidised prices.
Dr. Kumbuor said that treated nets were also distributed free of charge to pregnant women and children under fives, during Maternal and Child Health Campaigns, National Immunisation Days and Malaria Control Week celebrations.
He said a total of 2,100,000 nets were distributed free of charge in 2006 and 1,500,000 were distributed in 2007.
Dr. Kumbuor said that during the Malaria control week last month, the National Malaria Control Programme in partnership with USAID/PMI, NETS-FOR-LIFE, WHO, UNICEF and ADDRO, distributed 566,900 nets in 20 district in the Northern Region.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
1 hour -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
1 hour -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
2 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
2 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
2 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
2 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
2 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
2 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
2 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
2 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
3 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
3 hours