Coconut water has become a very trendy beverage in recent years. It’s tasty, refreshing, and has loads of benefits for your health.
Coconut has a lot of vital nutrients, including minerals that most people don’t get enough of.
Here are some health benefits of consuming coconut water.
1. Serves as a Good Source of Several Nutrients
Coconuts grow on large palm trees which are scientifically known as Cocos nucifera.
Despite the name, coconut is botanically considered to be a fruit rather than a nut.
Coconut water forms naturally within the fruit and holds 94% water with very little fat.
Coconut water is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and several important minerals such as Carbohydrate, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Sodium, and Calcium, all these nutrients play a very important role in maintaining a healthy body.
2. May Have Benefits Against Diabetes
Coconut water may reduce blood sugar levels. It contains 3 grams of fiber and digestible carb content of only 6 grams per cup, therefore it can easily fit into a meal plan for persons with diabetes.
It is also a good source of magnesium, which may improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels in individuals who are infected with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
3. Beneficial After Prolonged Exercise
Coconut water could fit for the perfect beverage which can restore hydration and replenish electrolytes that are lost during exercise.
Electrolytes are defined as minerals that play some relevant roles in the body, including maintaining proper fluid balance. They are made up of potassium, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.
4. Delicious Source of Hydration
Coconut water has this slightly sweet taste and nutty flavour. In addition, it is fairly low in calories and carbs.
The water is most refreshing when it comes directly from the coconut. You could simply press a straw into the liquid and start drinking.
Or better still you could also store it in your refrigerator to chill then you sit back and enjoy that chilled natural sweetness.
5. It is believed to treat erectile dysfunction
Coconut as mentioned earlier is rich in potassium, which is essential for proper erectile functioning and any deficiency in it can contribute to your decreased sexual performance.
Replenish your body with sufficient potassium by consuming coconut water regularly in order to maintain the electrolyte balance of your body.
- There’s no such thing as ‘spiritual money-doubling’ – Kwaku Bonsam warns
- JoyFM’s Doreen Andoh shares how series of unfortunate events led her into broadcasting
- Over 300 workers of Aviation Handling Services sent home
- Streetism in Ghana is a lucrative business where beggars are trained – PhD student at UG
- New Land Law: Chiefs will now be held accountable for sale of lands – Kwame Gyan
- I only request animal sacrifices to solve problems, not human parts – Kwaku Bonsam
- BBC flooded with complaints over Prince Philip coverage
- It’s more dangerous for chiefs to sell land and pocket proceeds under new Land Law – Kwame Gyan
- Land guards can now be convicted for at least 5 years – Kwame Gyan
- Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu’s tribal comment distasteful – F.F Anto
Soldiers, police deployed to Chereponi following chieftaincy dispute
Liverpool score late winner to beat Aston Villa
Ayew scores to equal record as Swansea win
Ten-man Leeds beat Premier League leaders Man City
Bayern’s Bundesliga lead cut to five points after draw
What it means to be an ‘emotionally strong woman’ in relationships
Greek journalist shot dead on the street in Athens
Women no longer required to come along with a man to acquire land – Kwame Gyan
O.J. Simpson settles defamation case with Las Vegas hotel
Kweku Baako’s mother to be buried on April 15
I was chosen to fulfil design of God – Bagbin
Actors advised to set nudity boundaries before filming
Gidochi thrills fans with live acoustic performance
Be patience with Parliament – Bagbin
Prince Philip: Funeral to take place on 17 April