The family of a five-year-old is appealing for support for the physically-challenged girl to acquire an artificial leg so she can walk naturally as well as play with other children.
Princess Duku was born with a deformity that forces her to hop around on one leg as her right leg is suspended at the knee level.
The little girl’s condition has been attributed to pregnancy epilepsy.
With the assistance of a cousin who lives with the family of five made up of her grandma, mother and three siblings, she is strapped to and from school.
This means, whenever her cousin is unable to go to school, the little girl in the company of her mates, has to hop to and from school, which is about 30 minutes walk from home.
Though the girl seems used to her mobility challenge, she tells JoyNews, she is hopeful of an opportunity to walk and run like other children.
JoyNews’ Emefa Atiamoah-Eli reports that the cost of an artificial prosthesis has been of great concern to the mother of the physically challenged girl, hence the decision to appeal for support.
Watch a video documentary below
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- Spotify Wrapped: What are Ghanaians listening to in 2022?
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022
- Ghana Kidney Association celebrates 50 years of Dialysis
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss