Audio By Carbonatix
Five more refugees at the Elubo Reception Camp have been arrested by the police to help in their investigations into the gruesome murder of two inmates of the camp last Friday.
The arrest of the five on Saturday followed the detection of bloodstains in one of the tents at the camp. The stains are suspected to be connected to the deceased.
The identities of the suspects are yet to be released by the police.
The latest arrests bring to 31 the number of suspects arrested by the police in connection with the murder.
Initially, 29 people were arrested in a swoop but three were later released and the remaining 26- kept behind bars. Information picked by the police from the suspects led them to arrest the five new suspects.
Speaking to the Daily Graphic, the District Police Commander, DSP John F. Dzineku, said the subsequent arrests were as a result of the detection of bloodstains in one of the tents and the names mentioned by some of the suspects.
He said the bodies of the two persons who were killed last Friday were still in the morgue, adding that security at the camp had been beefed up.
The District Police Commander advised inmates of the camp to give information that could help in investigations to the police.
DSP Dzineku said the police were currently in touch with the executives and managers of the camp to ensure that no such incident occurred again.
Last Friday, 20 inmates of the refugee camp at Elubo in the Western Region were arrested following the murder of two refugees.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
42 seconds -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
3 minutes -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
3 minutes -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
9 minutes -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
9 minutes -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
10 minutes -
6 in 10 businesses fail to properly account for VAT – GRA
12 minutes -
US retail giant receives $1bn boost from tariff refunds
19 minutes -
Angélique Kidjo makes history for Africa with star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
19 minutes -
Know when to wait, verify and publish – GJA President tells journalist
36 minutes -
“If you think I’m a nobody, so be it” – Presidential aide responds after Disability Graduates reject petition handover
1 hour -
Rotary Club of Accra Ridge gets new president, vows to create lasting impact
1 hour -
GJA@77: Free press necessity for nation-building, not luxury – UNESCO Representative
1 hour -
‘No disrespect to Dr Ayeh but we demand engagement with senior government official’ – Graduates with disabilities
1 hour -
We can’t defend journalism’s credibility if journalists don’t uphold professional standards – GJA
1 hour