Audio By Carbonatix
The Northern Regional Police Command has arrested eight persons in connection with the murder last week of a former PNC parliamentary candidate for Nalerigu.
The deceased, Moses Baanaba Alandoo, was shot dead last Friday while on his way from work at the Baptist Medical Centre where he is employed as a Laboratory Pharmacist.
Police say the prime suspect, who has been identified as Salifu Tia Zongo Naaba, was arrested on Monday at his hideout at Gulugu in the Gushiegu district. The others were arrested at Nasia in the West Mamprusi District.
Public Relations Officer of the Northern Regional Police Command, Chief Inspector Ebenezer Tetteh, said police found a pistol and a military holster with the seven others arrested.
He indicated that police have started interrogating the suspects all of whom are men.
The Northern Regional Police Commander, ACP Angwubutogwe Awuni in a later interview with the Times newspaper said the prime suspect prime suspect fled to Nalerigu after the incident where he was captured by the chiefs and people of Gurugu.
He commended the chief and people of Gurugu for their assistance in the arrest of Tia and urged other communities to emulate that example.
ACP Awuni also appealed to all well-meaning citizens to volunteer information about criminals to the security to enable them to deal with such miscreants promptly and appropriately.
Meanwhile, information available to Times indicate that colleagues of late Banaba at the Baptist Medical Centre at Nalerigu, where the late Banaba worked as a pharmacist, are planning to boycott work contending that they were not safe and therefore appealed for police protection.
Responding, ACP Awuni who was in the town assured them of police protection saying there is no need for anybody to panic.
In a related development, the Northern Regional Security Committee has sent a message of condolence to the bereaved family and assured them that the perpetrators of the crime would be punished.
The late Banaba was last Friday ambushed and shot dead by unknown assailant whilst on his way home after close of work.
Source: Joy News/The Chronicle/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
The moment that broke Guardiola on day a decade of glory ended
6 minutes -
Raducanu beaten in French Open first round
16 minutes -
Sabalenka cuts media short as French Open players protest
27 minutes -
Ghana’s Jada Yankey clocks new personal best at AP Race London International
1 hour -
GPL 2025/26: Berekum Chelsea end season on high with win over Bechem
1 hour -
Alleged shooting of chief’s brother by galamseyers triggers tension at Gwira Ampansie
2 hours -
Livestream: The Probe examines New Decentralisation Policy
2 hours -
Enterprise Insurance pays over GH¢280m in claims in 2025
2 hours -
Ato Forson congratulates Benin’s former finance minister on inauguration as President
2 hours -
GOIL announces GH¢0.06 dividend per share for investors
2 hours -
BoG policy rate hold confirms inflation to trend upwards – IC Insights
2 hours -
Photos: Ablakwa meets Ghanaian community in Pretoria
3 hours -
Rising fuel costs pose risk to Ghana’s inflation outlook – Deloitte
3 hours -
T-bills: Government records 5.9% undersubscription, but interest rates decline marginally
3 hours -
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
3 hours