A 90-year-old woman has been allegedly gang-raped by two men in her house in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Barhaldi village in Kanchanpur Subdivision of North Tripura district on October 24, but her relatives lodged a police complaint on October 29, a senior police officer said.
The two men accused of raping the woman absconded and a manhunt has been launched to nab them, Superintendent of Police Bhanupada Chakraborty said.
“One of the accused used to call the woman, who was living alone in her house, ‘grandmother’.
“On the night of the incident, he and another man broke into the house and raped the elderly woman,” the officer said.
The woman took ill after the incident but she did not inform the police.
When her relatives came to know of the incident, they lodged the complaint five days later, he said.
Police took her to a hospital and also recorded her statement, on the basis of which an inquiry has been started, the officer said.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption
- Minority leadership reshuffle: Issue too delicate for Mahama to intervene – Lecturer
- Tyre Nichols: Biden urges calm ahead of police beating video release
- Australian Open: Novak Djokovic beats Tommy Paul, Tsitsipas sees off Khachanov
- Everton set to appoint ex-Burnley boss Sean Dyche as new manager
- CENDLOS to create sustained digital pathways in GTVET, CEA education
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Sarkodie reveals secret every rapper should know
- Debt Exchange: Banks deserve a better deal- Alhassan Andani
- Independent Tax Appeals Board to improve ease of doing business in Ghana – American Chamber of Commerce
- One dead as vehicle runs into traders at Suame
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme