Audio By Carbonatix
Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery have been named in UEFA's shortlist to win the award of Europe's Best Player for the 2012/13 season.
Football's governing body published the trio of candidates, which had been reduced from an original list of 10 selected by journalists from UEFA member countries.
Ribery was one of four players from Champions League winners Bayern Munich, hoping to challenge the established top two names in European football.
The award will be presented on August 29 when the draw for the group stage of the Champions League is made in Monaco.
Messi won the inaugural award two seasons ago while his Barcelona teammate Andres Iniesta claimed the prestigious honour 12 months ago.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
3 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
10 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
36 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
48 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
57 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
58 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
1 hour -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
1 hour -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
4 hours