Audio By Carbonatix
Burkina Faso football federation has lodged an appeal against Fifa’s decision that turned down an initial complaint against Algeria in the 2014 World Cup playoff.
The FBF chairman Sita Sangare told reporters in Ouagadougou on Sunday that their ticket to the Brazil 2014 was stolen, accusing the referee of the encounter of complicity.
“After all we saw in Blida on November 19, the FBF can claim that its qualification to next year’s World Cup was stolen with the complicity of the referee,” Sangare said.
“The disallowed goal from Charles Kabore and the additional time which was not exhausted are examples of the awful things that happened during that game.”
Fifa last week rejected Burkina Faso’s initial complaint and confirmed Algeria’s qualification to the tournament.
Algeria won the two-legged tie on a 3-3 aggregate having scored two goals in the away fixture.
Fifa will give a final ruling by December 5, according to officials.
Latest Stories
-
Special courts will deliver faster, fairer justice — Judicial Secretary
10 minutes -
A decade of dance and a bold 10K dream as Vivies Academy marks 10 years
32 minutes -
GCB’s Linus Kumi: Partnership with Ghana Sports Fund focused on building enduring systems
1 hour -
Sports is preventive healthcare and a wealth engine for Ghana – Dr David Kofi Wuaku
1 hour -
Ghana Sports Fund Deputy Administrator applauds GCB’s practical training for staff
1 hour -
Ghana Sports Fund strengthens institutional framework with GCB Bank strategic partnership
2 hours -
UBIDS to Complete Abandoned Projects Following GETFund Financial Clearance – Vice Chancellor
2 hours -
Nii Moi Thompson questions Anokye Frimpong’s ‘distorted history’ narratives
3 hours -
Anthony O’Neal set to receive Ghanaian citizenship, prepares to launch ‘Class on the Bus’ Initiative
3 hours -
South Tongu MP inspects GH₵500,000 surgical equipment, supports District Court with logistics
4 hours -
Kpasec 2003 Year Group hosts garden party to rekindle bonds and inspire legacy giving
5 hours -
Financing barriers slowing microgrid expansion in Ghana -Energy Minister
5 hours -
Ghana’s Ambassador to Italy Mona Quartey presents Letters of Credence to Pres. Mattarella
6 hours -
KOSA 2003 Year Group unveils GH¢10m classroom project at fundraising event
6 hours -
Woman found dead at Dzodze
8 hours
