Audio By Carbonatix
Lukas Podolski admits he is unhappy with his situation at Arsenal where he is regularly overlooked for a starting place in the team.
The striker came close to leaving the Gunners before the transfer window shut but ended up staying after boss Arsene Wenger convinced the German he was needed.
The 29-year-old has only started in the League Cup defeat to Southampton so far, with the likes of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez preferred in attack.
And with Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott still to come back into the fold, Podolski’s situation is only likely to get worse.
“Definitely, I cannot be satisfied with the situation I am in at Arsenal. I have not been in negotiations with other clubs, nor have I told Arsenal that I am looking to leave,” Podolski said.
“I have just said how the situation is for me. I am under contract at Arsenal and I am unable to say, ‘I am off’. I am going to think things over soon as it’s going to be winter time.”
Germany’s director of football Oliver Bierhof has also urged Podolski to consider leaving the Gunners.
“I would advise him to carefully consider his situation with his club, to have a chat with the manager too. He needs to find the best solution, one he really enjoys,” he said.
Latest Stories
-
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
7 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
14 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
40 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
52 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
1 hour -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
1 hour -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
2 hours -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
4 hours