Audio By Carbonatix
Egypt's Olympics team has pulled out of this week’s international friendly against Ghana according to sources.
The Egyptian authorities have pulled the plug on the supposed friendly on claims of mistrust following the decision of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) to use the country’s Under-20 team.
A close friend revealed last month that coach Hossam El-Badry was unhappy with attempts to trade the Black Meteors game with the Black Satellites in Cairo.
The two teams were scheduled to meet on today (Tuesday) but the Black Satellites are yet to process their document before flying out to the North African country.
Black Meteors coach Malik Jabir is fuming with rage over the development and is believed to have poured his frustration to the management team when they held a meeting last week.
The Ghanaian authorities decided to include him and his assistant, Abdul Karim Zito to the travelling party but the proposed match seems to have fallen off the rock.
The Egyptian side have lined up either Benin or Cameroon as Ghana’s replacement.
Ghana’s Olympic team have not qualified for the major international tournament over the last eight years due to improper planning and lack of attention and only came into the limelight after winning gold at the last African championship in Maputo, Mozambique in 2011.
The Black Meteors will begin preparations ahead of the qualifiers for the 2015 All Africa Games on Wednesday.
Latest Stories
-
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
13 seconds -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
9 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
10 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
28 minutes -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
33 minutes -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
42 minutes -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
42 minutes -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
56 minutes -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
1 hour -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
2 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
3 hours -
CJ Baffor-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy to remove Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin alleges
3 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
4 hours -
GIPA secures investor leads at Invest Fest 2026
4 hours