Audio By Carbonatix
Just days after Elon Musk takes charge of Twitter, Elon Musk is reportedly working towards some major changes.
The changes are set to be introduced in the Twitter Blue subscription and even the verification process which provides a ‘Blue tick’ to verified accounts.
The Twitter Blue subscription will reportedly be linked to the Twitter Blue subscription and Musk also plans to hike the subscription prices considerably.Â
According to a report by The Verge, Musk plans to charge users $19.99 for the new Twitter Blue subscription. Furthermore, Twitter accounts that already have the verification, will have to comply with this new mechanism and pay up for the blue tick.
The report suggests that verified users will have a total 90 days to move to Twitter Blue or they will end up losing their checkmark. Additionally, Twitter employees have been asked to move fast on this new subscription plan or pack and leave. The employees have been given a deadline of November 7, according to the report.
Twitter Blue Subscription
Twitter Blue was introduced last year and it is an opt-in, paid monthly subscription that offers exclusive access to premium features. Twitter claims this will let you customize your Twitter experience. The subscription service has been launched in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
It is to be seen how Musk plans to both roll out this service globally while changing the entire payment structure. In the eligible regions, Twitter Blue is available for in-app purchase on Twitter for iOS and Android.Â
Elon Musk recently shared screenshots from Twitter's internal conversations showing that he was lied to by the Twitter board, before the acquisition was complete. In the screen grab the security head talks about "fraudulent metrics" being presented. However, there was no mention of bots. Musk has claimed that he'll reveal more info in the days to come.Â
Latest Stories
-
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
30 minutes -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
41 minutes -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
51 minutes -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
1 hour -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
1 hour -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
1 hour -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
2 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
2 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
2 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
2 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
2 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
3 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
3 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
3 hours -
‘Save A Life’ Blood Donation Exercise: MTN Ghana targets over 7000 pints of blood
3 hours
