Audio By Carbonatix
President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Emeka Rollas, has given an update on the health status of veteran actor Zack Orji after a death hoax.
Mr Orji was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of the National Hospital in Abuja on New Year’s Eve.
In an interview on Afia TV on YouTube, Mr Rollas revealed the veteran actor underwent two brain surgeries after he had collapsed and has significantly improved.
“Zack is never in a position of seriously needing attention as we speak, if not because of privacy I would have just connected him on the phone here, you will see him. He has survived two brain surgeries, he is in good health, and he is speaking. For somebody to wake up and say that Zack has passed on, is inhuman,” the AGN President said.
Mr Rollas noted that at the moment, preparations are being made to send Zack Orji abroad for post-surgery evaluation.
He chastised people for spreading fake rumours about the actor adding that the news was distressing for his family, especially his wife.
“Because of the internet age, people just want to grow their page and they can spill nonsense, that was why somebody woke up yesterday morning and said Zack has passed on and I quickly reacted,” Mr Rollas said.
Zack Orji was hospitalised at the Intensive Care Unit of Abuja’s National Hospital after he collapsed in his house’s toilet.
Subsequent reports days later indicated a significant improvement in his condition. However, since then there has been no public update on his health.
On Monday the rumours of his supposed death began circulating on social media but was quickly debunked by the AGN.
This comes just days after the death of veteran Nollywood actor Amaechi Muonagor.
The talented actor died on Sunday, March 24, after battling with stroke and kidney-related disease. He was 62.
Read More: Nigerian actor Amaechi Muonagor dies after battling ill health
According to sources close to him, he was undergoing weekly dialysis and physiotherapy to treat the paralysis brought on by a stroke.
Prior to that, veteran actor John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, had also passed on March 2.
Read More: Mr Ibu suffered a cardiac arrest – Actors Guild of Nigeria
He also succumbed to his illness after months of treatment including a number of surgeries, some of which saw his leg amputated.
Latest Stories
-
Local insurers equipped to underwrite marine and aviation cargo risks – Boampong
3 minutes -
Trump’s Board of Peace members pledge $7bn in Gaza relief
9 minutes -
Bolt Food reinforces FDA hygiene permit requirement for merchant Partners on its platform
13 minutes -
Former Senegal international Faty opens up about racism
18 minutes -
Ghana retains top spot in GSMA’s 2025 mobile money regulatory index
25 minutes -
Ghana moves to international arbitration over maritime boundary with Togo
25 minutes -
Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane dies at 53 after ALS diagnosis
26 minutes -
Greater Accra Regional Hospital confirms assault on security officer; suspect arrested
39 minutes -
Fiifi Coleman to revive ‘I Told You So’ as stage play in March
1 hour -
Ghana hosts high-level ministerial meeting on women and youth political participation
1 hour -
I was a top English and Fante student in secondary school – Kwaw Kese
1 hour -
UK Prisoner set to be deported to Ghana escapes police for second time in a week
2 hours -
PHDC, GNPC form new alliance to strengthen Ghana’s energy security
2 hours -
Bishops warn of deepening cocoa crisis and call for farmer relief
2 hours -
Gold Fields to hand over Damang Mine to Ghana in April 2026
2 hours
