Audio By Carbonatix
South Africa goalkeeper Emile Baron will miss the World Cup finals after being told his injured shoulder needed surgery, his club said on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old, who was in the running for the host nation's number one spot, suffered the injury in training with the squad in Brazil last month.
It was initially hoped he would heal in time for the June 11-July 11 World Cup but doctors recommended surgery last week and have now told Baron and his club he will not be ale to play until July, SuperSport United officials told Reuters.
Baron, who previously played at Norwegian club Lillestrom, has six caps for South Africa and returned to the national squad after a six-year hiatus.
He also helped SuperSport win the South African championship for a third successive year.
Source: Reuters
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
7 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
13 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
13 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
14 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
20 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
20 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
25 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
31 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
36 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
41 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
43 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
48 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
49 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
54 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
1 hour