Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s Joseph kingkong Agbeko may stay a while longer without a title because his comeback bout against South Africa’s Busi Malinga has been postponed indefinitely.
The former IBF Bantam weight champion had hoped to use the April 16, 2010 bout as a launch-pad to make a claim for another world title shot.
But promoters of the bout Branco Sports Production cancelled the bout citing technical difficulties.
Ebenezer Noye, Head of communications for Joseph Agbeko told Myjoyonline.com the postponement has been devastating for the boxer.
According to him, Agbeko had trained well enough to brush aside his South African opponent and to return to top of the bantam weight division.
Agbeko in a unanimous decision lost his IBF Bantam weight title to Colombian, Yohnny Perez late last year.
Ebenezer Noye said they are in talks with IBF to explore the next line of action for the boxer.
Agbeko has taken a break from his serious training regime, Noye confirmed.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
5 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
11 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
11 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
12 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
18 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
19 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
23 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
29 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
34 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
39 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
42 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
46 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
48 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
52 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
59 minutes