Audio By Carbonatix
Accra Hearts of Oak have told Kumasi Asante Kotoko to forget the May 9 commemorative game at the Ohene Djan Stadium if it will take the Asantehene for that to happen.
Kotoko had threatened not to play in the match which is an initiative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports but now they will honour the match on condition that Hearts of Oak apologise to the Asantehene for snubbing his invitational tournament last year.
But Hearts insist they did nothing wrong and have flatly declined to do that.
The Phobians insist the only reason they did not take part in the tournament was because the organisers changed the schedule three times and fixed at a time that badly inconvenienced them.
"You only apologise when you have done something wrong. We have great respect for the Asantehene and the fact that we did not play in that tournament was not our making," Hearts communications director Albert Commey said.
"Kotoko cannot force us to apologise for something we have not done and besides this is not us asking Kotoko to play in a match. It is the Ministry of Youth and Sports that is organising a game. We at Hearts of Oak have not done anything that requires an apology."
The standoff could wreck havoc on the planned friendly and worsen the already bad relations between the two sides.
Source;Kickoff.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
6 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
12 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
12 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
13 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
19 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
19 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
24 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
30 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
35 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
40 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
43 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
47 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
48 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
53 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
60 minutes