Audio By Carbonatix
The Nigerian sports minister has rejected the country's accommodation plans for the forthcoming World Cup in South Africa.
The Super Eagles had been booked into the Hampshire Hotel near Durban for the duration of the tournament.
The deal is now being renegotiated after the minister, Ibrahim Bio, said the venue was not suitable.
"I am concerned about the noise [and] I am very unsure of the security of this place," he said.
The minister continued: "You would agree that it's important that our boys are secure."
A spokesman for the hotel told the BBC he was not able to discuss the matter, adding the situation was being dealt with by Fifa.
Nigeria's build-up to the World Cup has been disrupted by several different problems - including the abandonment of a planned training camp in London.
But the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) said this issue would be resolved.
"We have always had a plan B should this hotel fail to meet our requirements and expectations," NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport on Thursday.
"The delegation visiting South Africa are expected back soon and we will communicate a positive step to the public at the appropriate time.
"It is not a comfortable situation to be in but we will make the essential changes as soon as possible."
Nigeria play Argentina, Greece and South Korea in Group B of the World Cup.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
51 minutes -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
53 minutes -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
1 hour -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
1 hour -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
1 hour -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
1 hour -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
2 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
2 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
2 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
2 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
3 hours -
Persons with disabilities are not objects of pity — Volta Social Welfare Director urges mindset shift
3 hours
