Audio By Carbonatix
Gary Neville has been named Valencia head coach until the end of the season.
"Valencia CF have today appointed Gary Neville as head coach until the end the season," said the Liga club in an official statement.
"He will officially take charge of the first team on Sunday 6 December ahead of the UEFA Champions League match against Lyon at Mestalla on Wednesday 9 December."
“I am absolutely thrilled to be given this opportunity with Valencia," said the England assistant coach and Sky Sports pundit Neville.
“I am really looking forward to working with the club’s talented group of players and am excited about the challenge ahead.”
Nevill'e brother Phil was appointed temporary head coach of the club until further notice following the resignation of Nuno on Sunday night.
Nuno announced his departure following a 1-0 loss to Sevilla, but said he had already informed chairman Peter Lim of his decision prior to kick-off.

Neville and Voro had been told to prepare to take charge of training on Tuesday according to reports in the Spanish press.
Nuno, 41, leaves the side ninth in Primera Liga and third in Group H of the Champions League, still with a shot of progressing to the knock-out stages.
In the statement, Valencia president Layhoon Chan said: “We are delighted to have secured Gary so quickly.
"He combines top level coaching experience through his role as a senior coach with the England national team and a world-class playing career with England and Manchester United.
“Throughout his career Gary has always shown great leadership both on and off the pitch.
"He is hugely respected in English football and it was his personal qualities which persuaded us that he was the right choice to lead Valencia until the end of the season."
A press conference with Layhoon Chan and Gary Neville will be held on Thursday afternoon at the club's Mestalla Stadium.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #joysports
Latest Stories
-
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
59 minutes -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
1 hour -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
1 hour -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
1 hour -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
1 hour -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
1 hour -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
1 hour -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
1 hour -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
1 hour -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
2 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
2 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
2 hours -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
2 hours -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
2 hours -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
2 hours