Audio By Carbonatix
Rafael Nadal says he will sue a former member of the French government over claims he missed eight months in 2012 due to a "positive doping test".
Roselyne Bachelot, 69, was Minister for Health and Sport between 2007 to 2010 under former French president Nicolas Sarkozy.
"A minister of France should be serious," said Nadal, who reached the third round of the Indian Wells Masters with a 6-2 3-6 6-4 win over Gilles Muller on Sunday evening.
"This time is the time to go against her. We are going to sue her
"This is going to be the last one, because I'm going to sue her. I am tired about these things. I let it go a few times in the past. Not any more."
Bachelot made the claim after Nadal missed eight months of action in late 2012 and early 2013 with a knee injury. He was forced to sit out the London Olympics, the 2012 US Open and the 2013 Australian Open because of a stomach virus.
"When you see a tennis player stopping for months, it's because there's been a positive control," said Bachelot.
The 14-times Grand Slam winner also plans to sue anybody who makes similar allegations in the future.
Nadal referred to his personal situation after Maria Sharapova last week tested positive for using a newly banned drug Meldonium.
"I am a completely clean guy," said Nadal. "I have never had the temptation of doing something wrong."
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Latest Stories
-
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
7 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
13 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
13 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
14 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
20 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
20 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
25 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
31 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
36 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
41 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
44 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
48 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
49 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
54 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
1 hour