Audio By Carbonatix
Chief Executive Officer of BA Stars, Mr. Takyie Aheng has denied inciting his supporters against officials of New Edubiase and the match officials of the seventh week Glo Premier League match at the Sunyani Coronation Park.
Mr. Aheng, who was speaking on Asempa FM on Monday maintained that it was impossible for him to authorize his supporters to beat up Mr. Oduro Sarfo, adding, the rain prevented him from going to stop the ensuing attack by his supporters on the match officials.
Mr. Aheng said as a result of the downpour, he lost some personal belongings including his phone and was not in the right state to stop his team’s supporters from the onslaught.
Mr. Aheng accused officials of New Edubiase of following the referees to their hotel after the pre-match technical meeting. This action, he said, incensed supporters of BA Stars who believed the referees had been compromised.
He said on all the two occasions when they had their goal disallowed through dodgy decisions of the referee, he had to calm down his irate supporters who felt they had been cheated by the match officials.
Mr. Aheng bemoaned the situation creeping into the Ghanaian game where some officials of certain teams influence referees.
Mr. Aheng said he is considering resigning his position since the beauty of the game is gradually waning through poor officiating and crowd violence.
Mr. Oduro Sarfo, Chief Executive Officer of Aduana Stars, on his part said the attitude of supporters of BA Stars should be condemned by all. Mr. Sarfo pointed out that the supporters of BA Stars attacked the two assistant referees who flagged their goals offside on two different occasions.
He said the police had to come to the referees’ aid as the supporters were ready to attack them after the first half.
Mr. Sarfo said he sustained an injury under his eyes from the brutal attack of the fans but has camera evidence to prove what exactly happened.
The seventh week Glo Premier League match between B.A Stars and New Edubiase at the Sunyani Coronation on Sunday ended abruptly with five minutes to the close of proceedings when referee Charles Dowuona whistled for the end due to a threat to his life.
Story by Derick Romeo Adogla/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
2 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
2 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
2 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
2 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
2 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
2 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
2 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
2 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
2 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
2 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
2 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
2 hours -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
2 hours -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
3 hours -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
3 hours