Audio By Carbonatix
Desmond Frimpong Manso, Chief Executive Officer of Heart of Lions has rued the mass exodus of key strikers in the team prior to the commencement of the 2010/2011 Glo Premier League.
The Kpando-based side lost out on striking duo; Kofi Nti Boakye and Tanko Mohamed to the exodus bandwagon while Emmanuel Banahene crossed over to Berekum Chelsea.
Frimpong Manso attributed the departures largely to the unfamiliar start of the current season.
He told GNA Sports "the absence of these three key players has affected our play this season."
Of the 10 matches played so far, Heart of Lions have managed a paltry 14 of the maximum 30 points and occupy the eighth position, which clearly serves their worst start to the premier league in four years.
Frimpong Manso observed that his outfit had appointed Dutchman Hans Van der Plyum as Head coach of the team as one of the major steps towards reviving their fortunes.
The Dutchman until recently, coach at Gomoa-based Fetteh Feyenoord Academy has had previous stints with the club, which joined the elite division in 2003.
"We have brought back Van der Plyum, and with his experience we believe he can turn around the club's fortunes."
"Our target is to finish amongst the top four at the end of the first half and he (Van der Plyum) can help us achieve that dream," he said.
Frimpong Manso said plans were advanced to bring on board new attackers when the transfer window re-opens.
Opting for silence on the identity of the targeted players, he said he had sent warning bells to the other clubs to watch out for a reconstituted Heart of Lions in the remaining matches.
Lions will play host to Real Tamale United in the Week 11 clash of the 2010/2011 Glo Premier League on Sunday at the Kpando Park.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
2 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
2 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
2 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
2 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
3 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
3 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
3 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
3 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
3 hours -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
3 hours -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
3 hours -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
3 hours